Monday 19 January 2015

Take ya crumbs and be quiet!

This was the attitude I received from a 'lovely' disability officer today when I called to see where we stand in regards to traveling overseas to see Chloe's only sister, Shannon who lives in Scotland.

When I called to find out some Information regards the pension and traveling,
I was told that:


"The reason I should consider myself lucky
is because this very rich country actually gives
people with a disability money to help them survive...
"not all countries do that, you know".



   

NO LOVE.....YOU SHOULD CONSIDER YOURSELF LUCKY I DIDN'T LEAVE HER AT THE HOSPITAL WHEN SHE WAS BORN!!!!

It costs Australia approx $100,000 per person with a disability to keep them if they live in a community residence (staff wages, food etc). yet I only get approx $22,100 per year to do the exact same job as they do. Add Chloe's pension & it STILL is under half!!!

So, WHO SHOULD BE SO LUCKY???
The reason for this comment is yet again the Government have found a way to screw us with less.



I booked tickets to go over to Scotland in November,  These were booked using money that was inherited from Miss Chloe's dead father.

Four years ago when we traveled OS, a person with a disability was allowed to be away for 12 weeks before she had her pension suspended. It has changed to  6 weeks. Even worse
The Government announced in the May budget they were going to drop this in 2015 to
just 4 weeks. Legislation went through in early Dec 2015.


Problem is, we are away for 5 weeks & the Government won't adjust it for people who booked their tickets before the legislation was passed. Funny thing is, there is a 4 month wait to get assessed to see if she is able to get an exemption for the extra week.
 
At present Miss Chloe is assessed as being capable of working 0-7 hours per week. 
To be eligible, she needs to be incapable of doing ANY hours per week.


Am I missing something here, because this smug Centerlink woman thought this was a reasonable demand!


Hmmm, so let me see (hand on chin, pondering)....Chloe is capable of doing paid work max of 7 hours per week. She can't stay out of the country for more the 4 weeks in any 1 year....I suspect, because this is normal holiday allowance in Aus & Oh My God, 'we' can't have her extending a holiday, when she could be working...even though, 'we' refuse to pay her for any work she is capable of doing...cause we don't have to....... yes, I can see how that would work!!!



I wonder when society are going to give families caring for a person with a disability a fair go & start to stand up & demand better services & deals of us... 

WE GET TIRED & WE NEED SOCIETY TO UNDERSTAND that by looking after carers & their needs , they are saving themselves millions every year.

Yes, YOU should consider yourselves lucky, carers have big enough hearts to do one of the hardest jobs for the very least payment!!! 

 
suedymond.com



   

No comments:

Post a Comment