Sunday 10 January 2016

iDareU - Creating change for the better






 There is something very magical about Jan 1st.
For me and every person I have ever met, this magical date gives of a sense that something new and better, is just around the corner.



On New Years Eve, my favorite thing do to is to stay at home and reflect over my year just gone.




On New Years day, I like to  create goals & dreams for the following year. I gave up doing the New Years resolution thing years ago!


I can't count how many times I hear 

"bring on the next year - this has not been a good year."

  I wonder what happened to all that anticipation and hope that was there on Jan 1st......

In my life, I have found most years have had loss, sadness, joy, lessons, adventures, grief, fear.....almost every emotion I could think of...at one stage or another.

I have had some enormous challenges in my life. 

My mother leaving us when I was 14yo, 
getting pregnant at 18yo and not knowing what to do, 
losing many friends to car accidents before I turned 20yo, 
having a massive stroke at 43yo, 
having a disabled child at 30yo. 
Marrying and divorcing, 
losing my very best friend to asthma and last year, 
Having my Dad die and find out he not only left everything to his second wife, but had stolen many thousands from us over time.

I have also had many amazing things happen...

Keeping my baby when I was 18yo, 
Having a disabled child, 
Travelling around our amazing land and in recent times - overseas,
Spending 15+ years guiding the most amazing bunch of people from lost to found, 
Speaking in front of up to 1,000 people, 
going into my own business, 
And this year, creating a NFP charity from scratch.

Of course these only scratch the surface, but in my life I have found that every challenge offers me a choice. the choice to become bitter & sad or the choice to ask:

'What is the lesson from this'?

A lot of years ago, I learn't to choose the latter.  Every time I am in an ugly situation, I ask the Universe 'What is my lesson from this?' Now sometimes I have been known to look skywards and exclaim "Really?? surely I have learn't enough now, GIVE ME A BREAK!!"

But I know that I wouldn't be given the challenge if this was the case.

"The greatest lessons I have learn't throughout my life have all come from my greatest fears....having my girl with Down syndrome & having my stroke."


From both of these I have learn't to treat ALL people with dignity and respect, if I am going to complain, make sure I am willing to step up & make the change I am complaining about, my fears are not real - but going through them DO make me stronger.

Sooo, although I fully understand the 1st Jan is just a day, like the one before it, I still get that feeling of anticipation and hope.

2016 is the year we bring our baby of the past year into the light.
 
Our passion is to teach Carers & people with disabilities how to become empowered and how to step into their own light. And this passion has been realised in the form of our brand new Charity...


 Inspiring people with Disabilities through Awareness, 
Resources, Education, Resources & Unity.

Yes, I am scared, but I KNOW and feel in my bones that iDareU is the difference the world has been looking for and needs. EVERYONE DESERVES TO BE TREATED WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT.....
especially our most vulnerable and those who care for them unselfishly.

Please visit: www.idareu.org.au and contribute to this marvelous charity...

TOGETHER WE  CAN MAKE THE CHANGES THAT NEED TO BE MADE

http://suedymond.com

No comments:

Post a Comment